Look Up Property Ownership
If you already know either the owners name, the address, the property id or the parcel number (geographic id) than the easiest way to find the owner of a tax parcel is to look up the property on our Parcel Search by clicking here. Please keep in mind that the owners name we have on file is for taxation purposes only and maybe the taxpayer but not the legal owner of the property.
If this is your first time using our parcel search you call follow these step by step instructions:
- After agreeing to the disclaimer click on the “Search type” drop down menu in the upper left hand corner of the webpage. Select which type of search you want to conduct and enter your information in one of the boxes below (Hint: Geographic ID is the same thing as your parcel number).
- Select the “Appraisal Year for Tax Year” (Hint: for current year select 2016-2017) using the drop down menu. Click on the “Search” button at the bottom of the page.
- Depending on the data you entered in the parcel search a list of properties will appear. Click on the “View Details” link in the Property Search Results.
- The owner’s name and mailing address will appear under the Property Title Bar. To see all of the information we have available on the property click on the Expand All button located in the top right hand corner or click on each title bar to expand.
If you know where the property is located on a map but are unsure of other information then you can use our online map by clicking here. Click on the Online Mapping link and after agreeing to the disclaimer, the Chelan County GIS map should appear. You can either use the tool bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen or your mouse to zoom in to the map. Once you have located the parcel on the map click on it with your left mouse button and it will highlight the basic information for you including the Parcel id, parcel number, owner and address.
If you are having a hard time finding the information through our Parcel Search or Online Map and need assistance please feel free to contact us and we would be more than happy to either walk you through the parcel search or find the information for you.
- In-Person: Visit us in the Assessor’s Office located on the main level of the courthouse at 350 Orondo Avenue, Suite 206 in Wenatchee
- By phone: Call us at (509) 667-6365 and we can look it up for you. It is helpful if you have either the parcel number, property id, owner name or situs address ready before calling.