2017 Comprehensive Plan Update
Chelan County was created in 1899 out of Okanogan and Kittitas Counties. According to the Census bureau, the county has a total area of 2,994 square miles and a population of 73,967. The County is led by 3 elected officials serving on the Board of County Commissioners, each representing a specific area of the county (Commissioner District 1, 2, and 3).
Chelan County’s first Comprehensive Plan dates back to 1958. This visionary document provided guidance to decision makers about what residents hoped to see in their community. In 1990, the State of Washington passed legislation creating a new framework for local land use planning and regulation, commonly referred to as the “Growth Management Act (GMA).” The GMA established specific goals and requirements that all local comprehensive plans and development regulations are to achieve. The GMA, as amended, is found under Chapter 36.70A of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW).
Chelan County adopted a Comprehensive Plan in 2000 to comply with the GMA. The last mandated review and update to the Comprehensive Plan was completed in 2007, Resolution 2007-52, with additional updates occurring annually.
Proposed Changes to the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan for 2017
The Chelan County Comprehensive Plan update process began in 2015. Each element (chapter) of the Comprehensive Plan has been revised to reflect changes to the County Code and Washington State laws. The following documents represent the proposed amendments & reference materials of the Comprehensive Plan Update. Additionally, the County is recommending to update the zoning code regulations, as well as the zoning maps, related to changes in the Comprehensive Plan.
The Board of Chelan County Commissioners will be holding a series of public workshops followed by a public hearing to review and adopt changes to the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations, pursuant to RCW 36.70A.110 and .130 (Growth Management Act). The public is encouraged to attend the Workshop(s) which will be open for public comment and interactive discussion with the Board. The Public Hearing will be the final opportunity for public comment before Board action.
Public Workshops will occur on:
November 13, 2017 at 10:30 am, the Board will host a workshop on the Comprehensive Plan Capital Facilities, Utilities, Economic Development, Parks and Recreation Elements.
November 28, 2017 at 10:30 am, the Board will host a workshop on the Comprehensive Plan Housing, Resources, Shorelines and Transportation Elements.
On December 4, 2017 at 1:00 pm, the Board will host a workshop on the Comprehensive Plan Land Use and Rural Elements and updates to the City of Wenatchee’s Urban Growth Area Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations.
On December 12, 2017 at 10:00 am, the Board will host a workshop related to the Comprehensive Plan Appendices and related Development Regulation Updates, including the zoning maps and zoning code amend.
Public Hearing will occur on:
On December 19, 2017 at 10:00 am, the Board will hold a Public Hearing to review and consider adoption of the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan Update and Development Regulations. This includes the City of Wenatchee’s Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations related to the Urban Growth Area.
Any person may appear at said public hearing and present testimony orally or in writing. Written submissions will be accepted up to December 18, 2017 at 5pm.
Feel free to submit your comments by email, at email@example.com, or by mail to Community Development 316 Washington Street, Suite 301, Wenatchee, WA. 98801.
Any questions can be directed to Lilith Vespier at (509) 667-6225.
- Land Use Element
- Rural Element
- Resource Element
- Housing Element
- Capital Facilities Element
- Utilities Element
- Economic Development Element
- Park and Recreation Element
- Shoreline Element
- Transportation Element (Transportation Element Website (Public Works))
- Appendix A - County Wide Planning Policies
- Appendix B - Land Capacity
- Appendix C - Draft Maps Revision Areas
- Appendix D - Malaga Vision Plan
- Appendix E - Peshastin Subarea Plan
- Appendix F - Manson Subarea Plan
- Appendix G - Monitor Vision Statement & LAMRID Boundaries
- Appendix H - Transportation Element
- Appendix K - Sunnyslope Subarea Plan
- Compiled Goal and Policy Amendments
- Staff Report
- SEPA DNS
- Related Code Amendments
- BOCC Transmittal Memo 10-27-2017
City of Wenatchee Comprehensive Plan Update for 2017
- As part of the Chelan County Comprehensive Plan Update, changes in the Urban Growth Areas (UGA) include the corresponding City Comprehensive Plan & Development Updates. The City of Wenatchee has completed their Comprehensive Plan Update for 2017 and has requested that Chelan County adopt these documents to address properties within the Wenatchee UGA.
- Ordinance 2017-12
- Agenda Report Ordinance 2017-12
- Ordinance 2017-16
- Agenda Report Ordinance 2017-16
- Resolution 2017-35
- Agenda Report Resolution 2017-35
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit A
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit B Part 1
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit B Part 2
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit C
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit D
- Resolution 2017-35 Exhibit E
- Sewer Plan 2017
- City Council Agenda June 8, 2017
- City Council Agenda July 13, 2017
Existing 2016 Chelan County Comprehensive Plan
- Chelan County Comprehensive Plan Res 2016-109
- Appendix A County Wide Policies
- Appendix B Residential Land Capacity Analysis
- Appendix C Land Use Inventory
- Appendix E Malaga Vision Plan
- Appendix F Peshastin Sub Area Comp Plan
- Appendix G Manson Sub Area Comp Plan
Appendix H Placeholder
- Appendix I Monitor Vision Plan and Map
Appendix J Placeholder
- Appendix K Sunnyslope Sub Area Plan
- Appendix L Transportation Element Appendices