Current Job Opportunities
3327 Ohme Road
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Position: Responsible for event set up, dismantle, and interacting with visitors at our events and admissions window. Moving furniture, fixtures, clean up, greeting visitors, cash register operations, answering questions and sharing information about the gardens. Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required: Excellent communication and written skills. Must be able to work independently and safely. This is a hands-on position requiring ability to work in the heat and cool outdoor weather. Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. occasionally and operate tools, equipment and Microsoft Windows Office applications.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Ability to solve practical problems, work independently and manage time wisely. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize assigned work.
This is a hands-on position requiring tolerance to, and the ability to work in hot and cool weather under sometimes strenuous conditions.
Ability to transverse 200 foot elevation change with backpack blower and other tools over uneven stone paths daily.
Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. occasionally.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include:
- Events: Set up/take down tables, chairs and decorations. Clean up event areas as needed.
- Preserve/Enhance Garden Appearance: Responsible for the overall appearance of all lawns, flora, and trails. Backpack blowing of grounds, skimming pools, cleaning restrooms and general pick-up of grounds.
- Perform Regular Garden Inspections: Garden inspections are done while performing regular duties with attention to safety and appearance as a focus.
- Parking Lot Attendant: Provide parking control during events as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience in the field of garden/landscape maintenance preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used for the garden maintenance.
Salary: $14 hour. Weekend hours and some flex weekday hours. No more than 20 hours per week (average 8-14 hours per week). Ohme Gardens is open from Apr.15 – Oct. 15. Position open till filled.
To Apply: Submit completed application http://www.co.chelan.wa.us/files/human-resources/CHELAN%20COUNTY%20APPLICATION(1).pdf and and email to: Human.Resources@co.chelan.wa.us