Chelan County Lodging Tax Guidance to Request for 2018 Funding
Posted By: Board Of Commissioners on August 29, 2017
Chelan County is committed to supporting existing projects and events and developing new initiatives that make an economic difference. Lodging Tax funds generated in unincorporated Chelan County have been made available for this purpose. Successful grants will be considered utilizing the following criteria:
- Increases tourism and convention activity in Chelan County
- Boost in overnight stays and/or increase retail sales
- Availability of funds. For this round of funding $150,000 is available.
- Meets reporting requirements of the State law
- Signed, timely application.
- Funds must be used for an activity/event/project in calendar year 2018.
- Your budget must accompany your application showing the use of your organizations and the County’s matching funds. Funds may not be used for administrative costs.
- Washington’s Playground website address should be included in any marketing funded by the allocation.
- A follow-up report must be given within 90 days of the conclusion of the project or event to the Chelan County Lodging Tax Advisory Committee showing the impact of the funding on the community, ie: attendance, impact on the occupancy/retail sales, publicity, etc. The report is to include receipts showing how the organizations and Chelan County’s marketing dollars were used.
Funds will be granted based on availability of funds and the economic impact of the activity on Chelan County.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. on October 30, 2017.
Forms may be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Or 8 copies mailed to:
Chelan County Commissioners Office
ATTN: Cathy Mulhall
400 Douglas Street, Suite 201
Wenatchee, WA 98801
If you have questions, contact: County Administrator Cathy Mulhall, 509-667-6215 or firstname.lastname@example.org