Welcome to Your Chelan County Treasurer's Office
The County Treasurer is an elected county official and is charged with the statutory duties of the office.
The Treasurer's Office:
- Is a key position of public trust in the affairs of local government, requiring the efficient and reliable handling of all funds.
- Is the custodian of all funds for the county and governmental subdivisions, erecting and disbursing all funds of the county. The office is not only entrusted with county funds, but also collects the general property tax for cities, schools, and many units of local government.
- Has a staff of seven in addition to the county treasurer, and has two major divisions.
- Is located in the county courthouse and is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on business days to transact the financial dealings of the county.
- Strives to be efficient and responsive to the needs of the public.
- Accounted for over 319 million dollars in receipting transactions and nearly 312 million in disbursing transactions during 2008. Depending upon the time of the year, between 76 million and 101 million dollars of investments are managed. Records are maintained for over 56 thousand tax and assessment accounts.
Treasurer is responsible for:
- Collecting real and personal property taxes, including foreclosures and personal property distrait activities.
- Collection of Real Estate Excise Tax.
- Collecting assessments for irrigation.
districts, port districts, library, and various other assessment districts.
- Accounting for all funds and deposits of revenues for the state, county, and junior taxing districts.
- Determining fund cash balances and honoring payment of warrants.
- Investing for the county and junior taxing districts.
- Accounting for debt obligations of junior taxing districts and irrigation districts.
Treasurer's Offices Serves:
- 5 Cities
- 8 School Districts
- 9 Fire Districts
- 18 Irrigation Districts
- 2 Hospital Districts
- 5 Cemetery Districts
- 6 Water Districts and 2 Sewer Districts
- 2 Mosquito Districts
- County Road
- Mental Health
- Law Library
- Port of Chelan County
- Public Transportation Benefit Area - LINK
- Storm Water
- Regional Library
- Upper Valley Park and Rec
- Veteran's Relief
- Manson Park and Rec
Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit - for Property Ownership Transfers
Real Estate Excise Supplemental Statement - required when claiming an exemption from the excise tax
Real Estate Excise Tax Mobile Home Affidavit - for Mobile Home Transfers
Homeowner's Guide to Property Tax
Personal Property Tax
Designated Forest Land
Open Space Classification
Paying Property Taxes Under Protest
Property Tax Assistance Program for Widows or Widowers of Veterans
Property Tax Deferral for Homeowners With Limited Income
Property Tax Deferral for Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons
Property Tax Exemption for Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons