Assistant Planner - Community Development
Chelan County Community Development 316 Washington Street Wenatchee, WA 98801
Serves as an entry-level professional planner. Implements the mission of the Department in order to assure orderly growth of the County and coordination of planning efforts in Urban Growth Areas.
Entry level professional position. Reports to Planning Manager. Performs a variety of professional planning duties involving the evaluation and processing of current planning projects. The Assistant Planner reviews development applications and assures compliance with various County, State and Federal laws and codes; researches, prepares and presents reports and recommendations for the County at public hearings and meetings relating to land use and environmental impact; reviews code amendments and comprehensive plan amendments; and informs the public, land developers and others of various laws, codes, regulation requirements and the Comprehensive Plan.
- A bachelor’s degree in planning, law, architecture, engineering, natural resources, government administration or other closely related field;
- One (1) year experience in a public planning, public works, or natural resources agency involved in planning, permitting, and regulatory practices;
- Proficient use of desktop/laptop computers, associated software programs, and relevant office and field equipment;
- Membership in the American Institute of Certified Planners or registration as a Professional Engineer (Washington State) is desirable;
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License