Current Job Opportunities
5500 Sullivan Street
Cashmere, WA 98815
Chelan County is seeking a part-time Airport Administrator to work approximately 20 hours per month performing administrative duties for the Cashmere/Dryden Airport. The Airport Administrator receives a monthly stipend of $550/month.
- Act as principal staff to the Advisory Board and the Chelan County Commissioners on airport matters.
- Prepare and publish agenda for Airport Advisory Board Meetigns on a monthly basis, or as needed.
- Prepare and publish minutes of Airport Advisory Board Meetings on a monthly basis, or as needed.
- Collect, lease, rentals and tie-down (long term and transient) fees and submit to the County Treasurer.
- Complete data entry for accounts payable and payroll for the airport in a timely manner.
- Under the supervision of the Advisory Board, prepare annual operating budget for presentation to the County Commissioners for adoption.
- Provid information on current airport policies and procedures to new hangar owners and the public.
- Provide Chelan County updated contact information as needed for leaseholders and liaise with Chelan County for setting up new leaseholders.
- Provide information to all visitors and pilots and provide public realtions services for the airport.
- Recieve, answer/handle all mail, email and correspondence for the airport.
- Maintain published Airport telephone number and be available to answer and respond to calls 24/7.
- Under supervision of the Advisory Board, liaise with the current engineering consulting firm to apply for, track and follow up on all grant monies.
- Update the state AFD - Airport Facility Directory with current names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
- Liaise with FAA and WA DOT/Aeronautics Division as needed.
- Ramp check for overdue aircraft and ELT transmissions when contacted by the FAA.
- Attend state airport meetings, along with a member of the Advisory Board to stay current.
- Inspect and clean pilots lounge.
- Check on cars and other arrivals on the airport.
- Under the direction fo the Advisory Board, and in conjunction with the Airport Maintenance, ensure that all other duties are performed, as assigned, added or deleted, for the safe and economical operation of the airport.
The selection fo the Airport Administrator shall be made by the Airport Advisory Board and appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- Submit resume and letter of interest to:
- Chelan County Human Resources
- 400 Douglas Street, #201
- Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled