Current Job Opportunities
County of Chelan Regional Justice Center
401 Washington Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
The primary functions of this position are to operate the Chelan County Corrections Control Room by performing various functions required to maintain the safety and security of the facility, and to maintain accurate accounting of all inmates’ money.
THE CHELAN COUNTY REGIONAL JUSTICE CENTER IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR TO ESTABLISH A HIRING ELIGIBILITY LIST FOR ONE IMMEDIATE OPENING AND FUTURE OPENINGS.
SALARY: $3158/month plus benefits,
Position open until filled
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary functions of this position are to operate the Control Room by performing various functions required to maintain the safety and security of the facility, and to maintain accurate accounting of all inmates’ money.
Maintain a secure facility by including, but not limited to, use of electronically operated doors in conjunction with video cameras, fire and audio alarmsthroughout the jail and courthouse, cell call lights, and perimeter doors, gates and cameras.Monitor and operate the DVTEL/EVCO touch screen system.
Accurate accounting of inmate money including, but not limited to adding money received, releasing money, accepting bail, and deducting fees for bookings, medical, work release, court commits, etc.Prepare bank deposits and conduct shift audits.
Operate computers efficiently and effectively, including the Jail Management System (JMS), ACCESS (A Central Computerized Enforcement Service System), and the inmate banking system.
Collect, receipt, and accurately document in the JMS all medications taken in.
Handle public and other agencies contact with tact and courtesy, while complying with dissemination laws, policies and procedures.Maintain confidentiality and a professional manner in and outside the work area.
Engage in prisoner contact, including but not limited to, performing pat-downs, dress-downs, strip searches, and assisting Correction Deputies in transportation of prisoners.
Work various shifts, including days, swing, graveyard, holidays, and weekends.Must work independently, perform several tasks at the same time, and prioritize effectively.Must be dependable in working scheduled hours.
- Skills in:
- Cash handling.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative, and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Administering basic first aid, CPR and AED.
- Effectively interacting with all levels of county employees, management, citizens and inmates.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language.
- Accurately hear and respond appropriately to audio sounds including, but not limited to radio transmissions, telephone, and alarms.
- Clearly see monitors, computers screens, etc.
- Maintain files and records.
- Accurately account for all prisoners’ monies.
- Proficiently operate equipment and machines including, but not limited to monitors, computers, and radios.
- Get along well with other employees, and to resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Work well under stress and with consistent interruptions of duties.
- Work various days and various times of the day.
- Be available to work overtime.
- Accurately type at lease 40 words per minutes.
- Work in a confined area for long period of time.
- Read and interpret laws, documents, rules and procedure manuals.
- Physical ability to kneel, sit stand, turn, squat, bend, push and pull, sometimes for long periods at a time, and frequently changing from one position to another.
- Spell accurately.
- File alphabetically and numerically.
- Understand the criminal justice system.
- Maintain confidentiality and a professional manner.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
United States citizen with the ability to read, write and comprehend the English language. Graduate of a high school or GED. Ability to pass entrance examination successfully. Successfully pass a background investigation, psychological evaluation, polygraph. Must have attained a minimum age of 21 years. Once employed the applicant must meet all required certifications and maintain all other standards necessary for the performance of their job duties. This position requires shift work including nigts and weekends.
- NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all
- responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be
- accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
- The above description is intended to provide only a basic guideline for meeting job requirements and
- may change as the needs of the organization evolve.
- Submit Application Materials to:
- Human Resources
- 400 Douglas Street, #201
- Wenatchee, WA 98801
- or email to Human Resources
For additional information you may contact Sgt. Smith with CCRJC.