Current Job Opportunities
3327 Ohme Road
Wenatchee, WA 98801
The Maintenance/Events Tech position at Ohme Gardens County Park is responsible for the appearance, safety, maintenance, and repairs of all garden property, equipment, plants, trees, garden structures, and plumbing systems. This position will keep all areas of responsibility in a well-maintained condition using high quality standards in all aspects of the job. Must have the ability to work independently, use good time management, work safely, and have good communication skills. Will be responsible for some event set-up and take down. Occasionally this requires variable as-needed split shift hours that will include mornings, afternoons and evenings. Weekend work for events is necessary.
1. Preserve/Enhance Garden Appearance
2. Hands-on Repairs
3. Perform Regular Garden Inspections
4. Preventative Maintenance Systems and Procedures
5. Repair and Improve Rock Work in Trails
6. Tree and Plant Care and Maintenance
7. Insecticide/Herbicide Control
8. Irrigation and Domestic Water System Maintenance & Operation
9. Pool/Waterfall Maintenance & Operation
10. Tool/Equipment Maintenance & Repair
11. Other Duties As Needed
12. Ability to work independently, self-initiating and be able to prioritize work
13. Event set up/take down & parking lot attending during events
14. Work in Ticket Office during office staff lunch breaks answering phone & cashiers duties
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the field of garden/landscape maintenance.
- High quality organizational skills and attention to detail is critical to position.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of garden maintenance practice & procedures
- Strong commitment to maintain high quality standards
- Ability to operate tools & equipment used for the garden maintenance & repairs
- Ability to work in all-season outdoor environment
- Ability to work in steep terrain and high elevations
- Some cash register and office phone skills preferred
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A. Must have valid WA state driver’s license and a good driving record.
B. Washington Public Operator License preferred but not required.
- This is a hands on position requiring good health, tolerance to, and the ability to work in hot and cool weather under sometimes strenuous conditions.
- Ability to transverse 200 foot elevation change with backpack blower and other tools over uneven stone paths daily.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 80lbs.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach in order to operate maintenance tools & equipment.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in order to maintain grounds & facilities and work in outdoor/indoor setting.
- Must be able to be able to reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, talk and hear, and taste/ smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic physical labor is required.