Facilities Utility Worker II - One position available. Shift 5PM-1:30AM, M-F
Chelan County Courthouse 350 Orondo Avenue #301 Wenatchee, WA 98801
Chelan County Facilities Department is looking for a responsible Facility Utility crew member, within our Facility Department, who will help maintain our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for an incumbent to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. An ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodial role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large area with an eye for detail.
All incumbents clean and maintain materials, tools and equipment used in the performance of duties: perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures: maintain a safe and clean work environment: Maintain records and retrieve data related to work performed using manual and/or computerized record-keeping systems; prepared standard reports: and consult and work with other trades workers. Work may involve exposure to hazardous materials. Incumbents are required to possess a Washington State Driver’s License for the operation of any vehicle or equipment they are required to maintain and/or operate.
Examples of typical duties, responsibilities and abilities for each classification are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive: incumbents may perform related work activities throughout the series.
The Facility Utility position is the skilled facility custodian classification. Incumbents in this classification perform a variety of custodial roles focused on building upkeep. Incumbents may independently perform a variety of semi-skilled facility maintenance functions under the direction of journey-level crafts worker on special assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems, work independently, safely and manage time wisely. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize assigned work.
- Able to regularly stand and walk, frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move greater than 100 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use a ladder when necessary
- Able to operate tools, equipment and Microsoft Windows Office applications.
- Able to listen, follow direction, pay attention to detail, organize
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check in order to be employed by the Facilities Department.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year custodial experience preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report on time to the Supervisor, who is responsible for the direction of the custodial services in the facilities.
- Incumbents shall respond to emergent calls that are occasionally outside of normal working hours.
- Dust, clean, sanitize and restock restrooms using established practices and procedures
- Dust and clean furniture, windows and various other surfaces
- Sweep, mop, scrub, sanitize and/or vacuum floors and stairwells
- Empty and clean trash containers
- Vacuum and Shampoo Carpets
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools: buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture etc.
- Light maintenance duties, such as replacing light bulbs and the like
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use, checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, and turn off lights
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as deicing, removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs around buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, and CPR
- Support and follow all County Policies and safety regulations and guidelines, etc.
- While performing these duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Perform related duties as required
- Salary Range: PW01, $2,705.96 - $2,983.33 DOE, One position available. Shift 5PM-1:30AM, Monday through Friday.
Position open till filled.
To apply - Please submit a cover letter and Chelan County applicaion https://www.co.chelan.wa.us/files/human-resources/HR%20New%20CHELAN%20APPLICATION%20Nov%202020.docx
OR mail to
Chelan County Human Resources
400 Douglas Street, #201
Wenatchee, WA 98801