Public Records Request
Procedures for obtaining public records from Chelan County offices and departments are published in Chapter 1.376 of the Chelan County Code. Within five business days of receiving a request, the Chelan County public records officer of the department you are requesting the information will do one or more of the following:
- Make the records available for inspection or copying.
- Give the requester a link to the document on our webpage.
- Provide in writing a reasonable estimate of time when records will be available.
- Request clarification, by telephone or in writing, if the request is unclear or does not sufficiently identify the requested records.
- Deny the request -- in whole or in part.
If the requester has not received a response from the department within five business days from the date of filing a public records request, the requester is encouraged to contact the department's public records officer immediately to ensure that the request was received.
Public Records Tip! Many records are already available online without the need to make a public records request. Review the list of Frequently Requested Records to see if the public record you are looking for can be obtained online. If you do not find the record you are looking for, select the appropriate Chelan County office or department from the above list of shortcuts or from the list below for contact information and/or information about submitting a public record request to that office or department:
Posted: 02/16/2022 09:43 AM
Last Updated: 02/16/2022 04:09 PM