Community Development, assisted by the Code Enforcement Officers of the Chelan County Sheriff's Office, is responsible for enforcement of the following Chelan County Codes: Title 3 (Building Regulations); Title 11 (Zoning); Title 12 (Subdivisions); Title 13 (Environment); Title 15 (Development Standards); Title 16 (Enforcement and Violations); the Chelan County Shoreline Master Program; and county-adopted city codes for the Urban Growth Areas of Wenatchee, Cashmere, Chelan, Entiat and Leavenworth. Code enforcement officers have the full authority of Community Development to enforce the relevant sections of county codes and state laws.
It is the intent of Community Development to proactively prevent code violations primarily through education. Where violations have been documented, compliance with the code shall typically be pursued through administrative remedies and voluntary compliance as a first step, except where violations appear to be deliberately committed. When warnings and voluntary compliance efforts have been unsuccessful, compliance shall be pursued with civil penalties as codified in Title 16 of the Chelan County Code to ensure uniform and efficient application of the code.
Given the high case load we handle, complaints without a completed Code Violation Form are given a LOW priority over those cases with complete information provided. We prefer you email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can submit a completed form via U.S. mail to:
Chelan County Community Development
316 Washington St., Suite 301
Wenatchee, WA 98801
- You will still be requested to complete a Code Violation Form if calling in about a complaint.
- We will not complete the form for you over the phone.
- It is never appropriate to call RiverCom's emergency dispatch number 911 about a code enforcement complaint. Please fill out our form instead.
- Please include your name and contact information.
- For code enforcement questions, contact Community Development's main number: 509-667-6225.
Posted: 01/30/2015 02:09 PM
Last Updated: 01/30/2024 03:28 PM