Facilities Utility Worker II - Shift 5PM-1:30AM, M-F
Chelan County Courthouse 350 Orondo Avenue #301 Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Salary: PW01, $2,801.- $3,088. Monthly DOE. Longevity Steps $3,243. - $3,735. Monthly. Shift 5PM-1:30AM, Monday through Friday.
- 3 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Chelan County Facilities Department is looking for a responsible Facility Utility crew member, within our Facility Department, who will help maintain our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for an incumbent to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. An ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodial role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large area with an eye for detail.
All incumbents clean and maintain materials, tools and equipment used in the performance of duties: perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures: maintain a safe and clean work environment: Maintain records and retrieve data related to work performed using manual and/or computerized record-keeping systems; prepared standard reports: and consult and work with other trades workers. Work may involve exposure to hazardous materials. Incumbents are required to possess a Washington State Driver’s License for the operation of any vehicle or equipment they are required to maintain and/or operate.
Examples of typical duties, responsibilities and abilities for each classification are not meant to be all inclusive or restrictive: incumbents may perform related work activities throughout the series.
The Facility Utility position is the skilled facility custodian classification. Incumbents in this classification perform a variety of custodial roles focused on building upkeep. Incumbents may independently perform a variety of semi-skilled facility maintenance functions under the direction of journey-level crafts worker on special assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems, work independently, safely and manage time wisely. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize assigned work.
- Able to regularly stand and walk, frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move greater than 100 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use a ladder when necessary
- Able to operate tools, equipment and Microsoft Windows Office applications.
- Able to listen, follow direction, pay attention to detail, organize
- Read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check in order to be employed by the Facilities Department.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year custodial experience preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report on time to the Supervisor, who is responsible for the direction of the custodial services in the facilities.
- Incumbents shall respond to emergent calls that are occasionally outside of normal working hours.
- Dust, clean, sanitize and restock restrooms using established practices and procedures
- Dust and clean furniture, windows and various other surfaces
- Sweep, mop, scrub, sanitize and/or vacuum floors and stairwells
- Empty and clean trash containers
- Vacuum and Shampoo Carpets
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools: buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture etc.
- Light maintenance duties, such as replacing light bulbs and the like
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use, checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, and turn off lights
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as deicing, removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs around buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, and CPR
- Support and follow all County Policies and safety regulations and guidelines, etc.
- While performing these duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
- Perform related duties as required
- In addition to a competitive starting salary range, Chelan County employees also enjoy outstanding benefits which include medical and dental coverage, 12 holidays and initial vacation leave accrual of 12 days (plus anniversary bonuses), 12 days of sick leave, $175 monthly contribution to Voluntary Employee Benefit Account (VEBA), Washington State Public Employee's Retirement System, and Deferred Compensation.
Position open till filled.
To apply - Please submit a cover letter and completed Chelan County Application.
OR mail to
Chelan County Human Resources
400 Douglas Street, #201
Wenatchee, WA 98801