Truck Driver/Laborer Position - Leavenworth District
Public Works - Leavenworth District Leavenworth, WA
The duties include performing manual labor, driving truck and/or operating light and heavy equipment, and snow plowing. Drives trucks to transport materials to and from specified destinations, and trucks equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials. Operates equipment to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and construct roads. Moves soil, equipment, and materials, digs holes. Assists in the controlled movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects.
This position requires a Washington State Driver's License, Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsements and prefer to have a current First Aid/CPR card and flagging card.
- Ability to read and work to grade stakes.
- Driving trucks to destinations in a safe and lawful manner.
- Maintaining telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive instructions.
- Inspecting truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Loading and unloading truck.
- Positioning blocks, rope or chains to secure loads as required during transit.
- Pulling levers to tilt body and dump contents.
- Operating various equipment required on the job site.
- Greasing, oiling, and performing minor repairs on all equipment operated.
- Flagging duties as assigned.
- Digging holes.
- Hauling or spreading topsoil.
Building forms for concrete borders.
- Mixing and pouring cement.
- Performing manual labor involving shoveling and jackhammer operation or other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington State Driver’s License; Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement; Flagging Card; and current First Aid/CPR Card preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Day to day duties shall include, but not be limited to patching; ditching; mowing; slide removal; snow and ice control; crack sealing; painting; cleaning and replacing culverts and drainage structures, sign replacement; rebuilding shoulders; installing fences and curbs; installing guardrails and guide posts; placing rip-rap on dikes, bridges, river and stream banks; repairing bridges, miscellaneous carpentry; repairing or replacing sidewalks and handrail; providing traffic control; and other highway construction and maintenance activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works out doors operating heavy or light equipment; is exposed to extremes of weather and temperature, traffic hazards, dust, dirt, and noise. May be required regularly to lift fifty (50) pounds and occasionally up to one hundred
(100) pounds or more. May be called upon, during off duty hours, weekends, and holidays to respond to emergency situations or accidents; will be required to work variable shifts and overtime throughout the year.
To Apply: Submit completed https://www.co.chelan.wa.us/files/human-resources/2020%20CHELAN%20APP.pdf resume and letter of intent to the Chelan County Human Resource Department, 400 Douglas Street, #201, Wenatchee, WA 98801 or email to Human.Resources@co.chelan.wa.us. Position Closes March 17, 2020, 4PM