Wenatchee River County Park Seasonal Extra Help
Chelan County River Park 2924 State Highway 2 Monitor, WA 98836
Chelan County Wenatchee River County Park seeks someone to fill one seasonal extra help office position.
Hours are variable to include days, evenings and weekends.
Wage is $16.00 per hour. Benefits include Washington State Sick Leave and Washington State Retirement System.
The Extra Help position at River County Park is responsible for various duties in the River County Park Office. This position will keep all areas of responsibility in a well-maintained condition using high quality standards in all aspects of the job. Must have the ability to work independently, use good time management, work safely, and have good communication skills. Requires variable as-needed shift hours that will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
1. Arrange accommodations for recreational vehicles and campers by telephone and/or in person
2. Check campers in/out
3. Collect fees for campsites
4. Answer telephones and call back messages left and/or email
5. Answer questions on various topic
6. Accept and make money exchanges for payments as well as counting back cash
7. Take deposits over the telephone with a credit card using VeriFone and issue refunds as necessary
8. Make copies of various paperwork to be inserted into site maps
9. Responsible for keeping the office area neat and clean to include vacuuming, dusting, sterilizing office equipment and desk area of the recreation room
10. Replace copy paper in printer, fax machine, copiers and VeriFone Credit Machine
11. Putting packets together for the campers
12. Running daily report
13. Calling campers when there are questions about their reservations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Ability to read a map
- Basic computer knowledge of the internet to look up various information for camper assistance
- Knowledge of fax machine
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong commitment to maintain high quality standards
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach in order to operate office equipment
- Must be able to be able to reach with hands and arms and stand or sit for long periods of time
Work is performed mostly indoors in a Park environment.
This is seasonal hourly position with minimum benefits.
Position is open until filled.
Chelan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and completed Chelan County application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled.