County of Chelan Natural Resources 411 Washington St Suite 201 Wenatchee, WA 98801
- The position performs a wide variety of clerical, administrative, and staff assist tasks requiring record keeping, collecting data, developing correspondence, initiative, independent judgment and extensive working knowledge of departmental organization and programs.
- Maintains close working relationships with management, administration and staff, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Facilitates workflow and assists in departmental activities.
- Works under limited supervision depending on task.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare Accounts Payable for Department. This involves gathering verification and project coding of actual expenditures through communication with staff and maintaining applicable software system as well as subsidiary schedules.
- Update timesheets with current project list, staff work schedules and monthly schedule. Gather, verify and enter monthly timesheets into accounting system. Processes Payroll in the absence of Chief accountant. Enter and verify payroll to projects after completion. Coordinate with County Auditor when needed regarding personnel related.
- Prepare, and monitor Account Receivable for all anticipated sources of funding within the Department. Coordinate receipts with the County Treasurer as required.
- Assist in preparing progress payment forms for funding reimbursement, independently or under the supervision of the Chief Accountant. Monitors receipt of requested funds by contract and project.
- Coordinate with staff and prepare monthly distribution of motor pool miles to appropriate cost centers.
- Coordinate and track all grant, contract and reporting periods.
- Assist where necessary with annual County Budget preparation process.
- Maintains centralized system for tracking location of agenda action items and routes all agenda action items to appropriate parties.
- Designs, establishes and maintains departmental filing system, controls records and indexes using independent judgment.
- Prepares miscellaneous legal documents and advertising, correspondences, memos, tables, vouchers, forms, job postings and meeting minutes.
- Schedules and attends meetings as directed, prepares agendas, and takes minutes of meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining office inventory and coordinating purchases of all supplies and maintaining the office equipment.
- Assists in the preparation and tracking of documentation or process required of construction projects.
- Manage the Small works roster and On-call consultant roster agreements, advertise for qualifications/proposals.
- Serves as Department IT liaison
- Assists in the preparation of project information and reports.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two (2) year of related college level training with at least five (5) years work experience in an area related to work responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the work.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Adobe reader and Adobe professional. Gain proficiency in using the County’s accounting software.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume, and Chelan County Application in to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on December 11, 2023.