Chelan County Regional Justice Center Business Manager
Chelan County Regional Justice Center 401 Washington St. Wenatchee, WA 98801
Chelan County Regional Justice Center seeks Business Manager
PW 19 steps 2-4, $5,248.43-$5,763.84 Longevity Steps 5-8, $6,244.76-$7,194.41. Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Sick and Vacation Leave, VEBA account, Life Insurance and Retirement through Washington State Retirement Systems
SUMMARYThe Business Manager performs a variety of high-level, complex financial accounting, and administrative tasks for the Regional Justice Center. Providing accurate and timely financial information for the management of the Regional Justice Center. Responsible for the gathering of all pertinent fiscal data needed by management to prepare or monitor budgets; analyzes impact of changing populations within the facility and contracts with other counties and cities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for a variety of bookkeeping, accounting and fiscal functions, including budget creation and monitoring; develop and maintain journals, ledgers and other complex financial records reflecting governmental or enterprise accounting systems.
- Participate in the departmental budgeting process by developing internal processes to coordinate with the County process, and extracting, compiling and analyzing financial information and statistical computations.
- Assists in negotiation strategies, impacts of options, and financial document preparation for labor contracts and bed rental contracts with other agencies. Participate in labor management and contract negotiation meetings.
- Searching out and writing grants to increase departmental funding.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on the Regional Justice Center's compliance with new or revised federal and state laws affecting human resources management; recommends updates and revisions to departmental personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepare, audit, reconcile and analyze a variety of financial statements, reports, and data for financial management purposes, including ongoing analysis of expenditures and revenues, overhead computations and analysis, cash flow analysis, and inventory systems.
• Oversight of payroll, accounts payable, including monitoring for budget purposes, tracking trends and advising the Director of opportunities for improved efficiencency
• Research and conduct a variety of special projects in finance, budgeting and accounting areas, (i.e., new accounting system analysis, management reports, cash flow analysis, review financial systems) apprise Director of needed system changes, and make recommendations for implementing improvements.
- Coordinate with Auditor's Office to ensure timely and efficient flow of accounting information to that office, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, labor distribution, grant schedules, capital assets, inventory, and financial statements. Coordinate and work with State Auditor's Office as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating with the County Public Records Officer on departmental public record requests and compliance with the Washington State Public Records Act.
- Acting as department point of contact for IT department, Human Resources and workers compensation issues.
- Maintains a variety of confidential information, complex files and records, including personnel files.
- Acts as assistant to the director preparing correspondence, reports and information as requested.
- In charge of department procurement for department from supplies up to capital assets, including bids or RFP’s while following county’s financial policies.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position supervises the Business Assistant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Accounting or related field and 3-5 years of experience in financial accounting, business management, human resources, or closely related field; or any combination of education and experience providing the required skill set to successfully perform the job duties. Additional qualifying experience may substitute for education requirement.
Must be able to successfully pass background investigation in order to work in Chelan County Regional Justice Center; background investigation may include psychological examination, polygraph, physical examination, and drug test.
Ability to perform basic as well as complex mathematical calculations, perform budget analysis, create reports and draw conclusions from financial data. Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
Proficiency with the following programs: Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Adobe. Must be able to write and proofread business correspondence; create charts, graphs and reports using spreadsheets and data reports, perform data analysis. Experience with specific payroll and accounting software not required, but must become proficient within a reasonable amount of time.
Must be able to communicate detailed accounting and financial information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels within the department and with contacts outside the department and/or County in a professional manner.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions as well as utilize independent and critical thinking to identify areas of inefficiency or provide recommendations for improvements within the department. Ability to prioritize work based on deadlines, monitor and track personal performance in achieving goals. Ability to think critically, analytically and independently; to provide guidance and recommendations to management on financial matters.
Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
Work is performed in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruption, and the need to deal with great diversity of people.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and Completed Chelan County Application to Arnold.Silva@co.chelan.wa.us or mail to Chelan County Regional Justice Center, 401 Washington St., Wenatchee, WA 98801.
Position is Open Until Filled.