State's Digital Navigator Program connects vets, families to benefits
A program of the Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, the Digital Navigator Program helps eligible veterans and their families connect to their earned benefits, healthcare and other supportive services. The grant-funded program focuses on veterans in underserved rural areas, elderly veterans, veterans of color, Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program Participants and veterans participating in higher education or apprenticeship. Grant funding is provided by the Department of Commerce to advance digital literacy skills, digital equity and connectivity in Washington.
What can participants expect?
- A toll-free hotline to schedule appointments with a Digital Navigator.
- Assistance with filling out program intake forms.
- Assessment and guidance toward resources that are suitable for their skill level, needs, and lifestyle.
- In-person instruction with Digital Navigators or Vet Corps Trainers.
- Assistance with enrollment in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The ACP is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a monthly internet service and one-time connected device benefit from participating internet companies for qualifying low-income consumers.
- Support through Vet Corps members who will assist with using equipment to access Veteran benefits and other supportive services.
- Digital literacy, technical and application skills training.
What equipment will participants receive?
- Unlimited talk, text and data through T-Mobile
- Cellphone (hotspot enabled)
Who is eligible?
You must be a:
- Veteran (with a discharge that is not dishonorable)
- Active-duty military
- Reserve member
- National Guard member
- Spouse or child living in the same household of a qualified individual
- Or a spouse or child who is actively receiving benefits from a deceased veteran or active duty servicemember And at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guideline for your household size (household size includes yourself)
Where can I learn more?
Last Updated: 04/13/2023 09:57 AM