Non-Offender Cases

In addition to criminal matters, probation agency staff also facilitate civil (non-offender) cases such as At Risk Youth (ARY) petitions, Child in Need of Services (CHINS) petitions, and truancy petitions. A parent who is concerned about the welfare and safety of his or her child can file an ARY petition. The purpose of this petition is to enable parents to regain control of their child with the assistance of the court. A CHINS petition is filed when there is a need to remove the child from the home while court intervention and family assistance takes place. A truancy petition is filed by a school district when a child fails to attend school as required by the compulsory attendance laws. Children who violate the orders of the court in an ARY, CHINS, or truancy case can be placed in detention.

Contact: Delia Garcia, Becca Coordinator
Phone: (509) 667-6350