Chelan County Clerk’s Office
Family Law Facilitators
Cindy Johnson and Glena Valentine
350 Orondo Avenue, Suite 501
Wenatchee, WA 98801
For appointments call (509) 667-6236 or (509) 667-6380
8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
The fee is $30 for one hour prepaid appointments. Refunds are not available for missed appointments.
Walk-Ins are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons 1:30 to 3:00
The fee is $15 for 30 minutes on a first come first serve basis and are specifically designed to answer questions and prepare Child Support Worksheets.
The Family Law Facilitators provide assistance, coordination, development and direction of services relating to family law issues for self-represented parties. It is recommended that one hour appointments be scheduled for new case filings.
Forms: Are available at the Clerk's office for a fee ranging from $5 to $20 per packet.
FREE WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP "HOW TO GET STARTED ON A PARENTING PLAN/RESIDENTIAL SCHEDULE:
Free Wednesday Workshops are offered every Wednesday from 12:15 to 12:45. RSVP is required. Reserve your spot by calling 509-667-6236.
Based on the sensitivity of topics that may be discussed we recommend that children not attend the Facilitator appointments or Workshops.
To better serve you and to insure you are prepared for your appointment, please have your documents completed to the best of your ability.
The Family Law Court Facilitator CAN:
- Provide information on basic court procedures including requirements for service, filing, scheduling hearings and complying with local procedures.
- Assist in selection of forms and instructions.
- Explain family law legal terms.
- Assist in completing approved forms.
- Review completed forms to determine whether forms are complete.
- Assist in calculating child support based on financial information provided by the litigant.
- Review documents prior to final hearings or hearings for temporary orders to determine whether procedural requirements have been met.
- Review and Assistance in preparation of proposed court orders.
- Process interpreter requests for facilitator assistance.
- Make referrals to legal and social service resources, dispute resolution, and resources for family law forms and instructions.
The Family Law Court Facilitator CANNOT:
- Give legal advice
- Represent you in court
- Provide assistance in cases other than family law cases
- Conduct appointments by telephone or email
- Refer you to a specific attorney
Local Court Rules Require:
Self-represented parties shall obtain pre-approval of all temporary and final orders only from the Chelan County or Douglas County Courthouse Facilitator or an Attorney.
The proposed temporary orders may include Temporary Family Law Order, Temporary Restraining Order, Temporary Parenting Plan, Temporary Residential Schedule, Temporary Order of Child Support and Child Support Worksheets, etc., if necessary.
The proposed final orders may include Order of Default, Findings and Conclusions about Marriage, Final Divorce or Legal Separation Order, Final Order and Findings for a Parenting Plan, Residential Schedule and/or Child Support, Restraining Order, Parenting Plan, Residential Schedule, Child Support Worksheets, Order of Child Support, Residential Time Summary and JIS Search Form.
The Family Law Facilitators are not attorneys and are prohibited from practicing law.