Superior Court Clerk

Passport Information

Effective October 19, 2020 we will process passports by appointments only.


Checks or Money Orders for Passport Fees only.


Passport Application Hours (by Appointment Only)

9:00 A.M. - 11:15 A.M., 1:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M.

Applications cannot be processed after 3:15 P.M.

Signup for an Appointment Now


Courier and Expeditor Companies

Courier companies, also known as "passport expeditors," are private companies, some of which are allowed to submit passport applications on behalf of customers.


Thinking of using a courier company?  Here are a few things you should know:

  • These companies do not operate as part of the U.S. Department of State.
  • You will not receive your passport any faster than you would if you applied in person at a Passport Agency.
  • Courier companies charge additional fees for their services.
  • You are still required to appear in person at an acceptance facility if applying on Form DS-11, even when using a courier service.
Notice:  If you are using 3rd party agency or company to process your passport our office is prohibited from completing authorized agent information on your application. 


Photos and Passport Application Processing

The Clerk's office acts as an agent for the federal government in processing passport applications. Passport applications are mailed by the clerk on the same day they are received, but regular processing at the national level takes ten to twelve weeks. Some countries require a VISA for entry. It is necessary to have physical possession of a passport before applying for a VISA. Go to to learn more about how to get a VISA.


Processing Options

Routine up to 18 weeks   
Expedited up to 12 weeks   
Expedited at Agency 8 Business days - Based on need, restrictions apply
Requires appointment with Seattle Passport Office

Passports for age 16 years of age and older are valid for 10 years. For under 16 years of age passports are valid for 5 years.

Link for U.S. Passport fees 


You will need to provide the following to the clerk:

  • The passport fee must be check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State.
  • $10.00 Pictures & $35.00 Clerk’s Processing fee per application can be check, money order or cash payable to the Chelan County Clerk or by credit or debit with a convenience fee. 
  • Proof of US citizenship. (a certified copy of birth certificate, Naturalization Certificate, or previous passport) For information on how to get a birth certificate go to  
  • Completed in BLACK INK ONLY WITH NO WHITE OUT and UNSIGNED passport application form.
  • Forms are available on the Internet at, Clerk's Office, or travel agencies.
  • Two (2) passport photos which must meet federal requirements. Glasses are no longer acceptable in passport photos.
  • Picture identification (valid driver's license).


All children must appear in person.

  1. Children Under 16: How to Apply for your Child’s Passport?

All children under age 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using Form DS-11. You cannot renew your child's passport. Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years.

Link that list acceptable documents:


DS-3053: Statement of Consent - Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16

DS-5525: Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances - Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16

  1. Life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency)

Passport Agencies are open by appointment only. Currently, we have life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency) appointments, click the link to learn more:

  1. Informative Information about DS-82: Renew my Passport

You can renew U.S. Passports by mail:

Video: How to Renew Your Passport:

Include the fees in the form of a personal check or money order. 


Posted: 01/16/2015 05:00 PM
Last Updated: 07/14/2021 03:32 PM

Share This Page...

Superior Court Clerk Calendar

Upcoming events and schedules at the county!

  • 11
    Dec 2021
    09:00 AM - 01:00 PM

    December Parenting Class - English Only

    Posted by: Superior Court Clerk

    Supporting Children Through Divorce is a four-hour educational program designed to help parents focus on the needs of their children during and after divorce and separation.

    Washington State University Extension