Superior Court Clerk
Effective October 19, 2020 we will process passports by appointments.
If you qualify to renew by mail, please complete a DS-82 form and mail it.
NOTICE: Our office does not process the DS-82 forms.
Checks or Money Orders for Passport Fees only.
Passport Application Hours
9:00 A.M. - 11:15 A.M., 1:00 P.M. - 3:15 P.M.
Applications cannot be processed after 3:15 P.M.
There is a potential for walk in passport appointments DEPENDING on staff availability on a first-come first-served basis from 10am – 10:45am. Walk in appointments require a fully completed (unsigned) passport application, required proof of US citizenship (stated below) and a proper passport fee, check or money order only, payable to U.S. Department of State .
Courier and Expeditor Companies
Courier companies, also known as "passport expeditors," are private companies, some of which are allowed to submit passport applications on behalf of customers.
Thinking of using a courier company? Here are a few things you should know:
- These companies do not operate as part of the U.S. Department of State.
- You will not receive your passport any faster than you would if you applied in person at a Passport Agency.
- Courier companies charge additional fees for their services.
- You are still required to appear in person at an acceptance facility if applying on Form DS-11, even when using a courier service.
Photos and Passport Application Processing
The Clerk's office acts as an agent for the federal government in processing passport applications. Passport applications are mailed by the clerk on the same day they are received. Some countries require a VISA for entry. It is necessary to have physical possession of a passport before applying for a VISA. Go to www.travel.state.gov to learn more about how to get a VISA.
Processing times begin the day U.S. Department of State Passport Services receive an application at a passport agency or center, not on the day you applied for a passport at the Clerk’s office. Mail times may vary across the country.
|Expedited at Seattle Passport Agency
|Based on need, restrictions apply, must have urgent international travel within 14 calendar days. Requires an appointment with Seattle Passport Office. See How to Get my U.S. Passport Fast (state.gov) for more information.
Passports for age 16 years of age and older are valid for 10 years. For under 16 years of age passports are valid for 5 years.
Link for U.S. Passport fees
You will need to provide the following to the clerk:
- The passport fee must be check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State.
- $15.00 Pictures (as of 04/01/2023) & $35.00 Clerk’s Processing fee per application can be check, money order or cash payable to the Chelan County Clerk or by credit or debit with a convenience fee.
- Proof of US citizenship. (a certified copy of birth certificate, Naturalization Certificate, or previous passport) For information on how to get a birth certificate go to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html
- Completed in BLACK INK ONLY WITH NO WHITE OUT and UNSIGNED passport application form.
- Forms are available on the Internet at www.travel.state.gov, Clerk's Office, or travel agencies.
- Two (2) passport photos which must meet federal requirements. Glasses are no longer acceptable in passport photos.
- Picture identification (valid driver's license).
All children must appear in person.
- Children Under 16: How to Apply for your Child’s Passport?
All children under age 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using Form DS-11. You cannot renew your child's passport. Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for 5 years.
Link that list acceptable documents: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/under-16.html
DS-3053: Statement of Consent - Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
DS-5525: Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstances - Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
- Life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency)
Passport Agencies are open by appointment only. Currently, we have life-or-death emergency appointments and urgent travel (non-emergency) appointments, click the link to learn more: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies.html
- Informative Information about DS-82: Renew my Passport
You can renew U.S. Passports by mail: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/have-passport/renew.html
Video: How to Renew Your Passport: https://youtu.be/0akd7xj6wec
Include the fees in the form of a personal check or money order.
Posted: 01/16/2015 05:00 PM
Last Updated: 12/28/2023 04:42 PM