Superior Court Clerk
Protection Orders Information
Disclaimer: The information on this web page is provided as a service and a convenience by the Chelan County Superior Court Clerk's Office. It is not intended as legal advice to any person.
Step 1: Identify what kind of protection order you need.
- SAGE (509) 663-7446 - Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Assistance with some family law matters. SAGE is committed to ending violence through education, advocacy, and empowerment. We are dismantling the institutions of oppression that lead to violence: racism, patriarchy, classism, and sexism. We dedicate our work to supporting survivors and holding perpetrators of violence accountable. SAGE has four main programs: domestic violence services, sexual assault services, crime victims trauma assistance, and family advocacy center.
- Washington Law Help Provides on line information, forms, packets, videos
- Washington State Courts Court forms available for free download
Step 2: Fill out your forms
The forms are free. Pattern forms are also available on the Washington State Court Forms page in the Protection Orders category. Information regarding protection from abuse may also be found at WashingtonLawHelp.org.
Step 3: After completion, print out your forms and bring them to the Chelan County Clerk’s Office.
Parties may electronically file documents with Chelan County Superior Court Clerk.
Use this to access TrueFiling site: https://tf3.truefiling.com/login?ReturnUrl=%2Ffile
Webinar on TrueFiling Filer Training: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/9066523821252586242
A couple of things we want to point out:
- Once you register, you will be able to access both Chelan and Douglas counties under one account.
We hope that you find TrueFiling to be easily navigated, but please do not hesitate to reach out with questions. Technical Support at 1-855-959-8868 or e-mail email@example.com
After you complete the appropriate forms, a Judge or Commissioner will review your paperwork as soon as possible. The judicial officer may ask you some questions and will decide whether to grant or deny an immediate temporary order, or set a hearing to determine whether or not an order should be granted.
As required by Civil Protection Orders, chapter 215, Laws of 2021, the Administrative Office of the Courts has added translations for some protection order forms, instructions, and brochures on the Washington Court Forms homepage (https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.home&dis=y). We would like to thank the Pattern Forms Committee, Protection Order Forms Subcommittee, and Interpreter Commission for their guidance on this project. You may not be able to locate all the updated forms at the link provided above. However, we are working to improve those options over time. You may access a list of all forms at: https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.static&staticID=14.
You can find the translations here:
To provide feedback about our court forms or the summary of changes, please complete our online form at: http://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/?fa=forms.formsComments.
- Coordinated Legal Education Advice and Referral (CLEAR) 1-888-201-1014 - Call at 9:09 AM; Senior (60 or older) 1-888-387-7111 - Free information, speak with an attorney, and get a referral to Northwest Justice Project in Wenatchee, Columbia Legal Services, Northwest Immigrant’s Rights Project or Volunteer Attorney Services.
- Washington Web Lawyer Provides a website where low-income clients with civil legal problems in Washington State post their legal questions online and receive advice from pro bono attorneys.
- Moderate Means Program: For Reduced Fee Legal Help fill out an online application to see if you qualify.
- VINELink 1-877-846-3492 - Tracking your protection order when the offender is incarcerated.
- Chelan-Douglas Bar Association Provides various programs
Posted: 11/17/2022 03:10 PM
Last Updated: 01/09/2024 11:36 AM